Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A bit about me...

    I will be the first to admit that I am not very politically active/involved, I tend to vote more in local elections then national. (I always start to follow national campaigns but get tired of the trash talking and switching around that politicians do).  I have many personal opinions and view points but am not really a fan of the way our government seems to function so I tend to follow the "don't complain if you don't vote" view point. I consider myself moderate but socially, I lean more to the left. I am not very religious and that plays a big part in my social opinions. I understand that our country was founded with a religious basis which plays a role in how everything developed. However, our country's population currently has people from all over the world making up it's population. Therefore, not everyone has the same views/beliefs when it comes to religion. I feel that this should be taken into consideration when laws are formed, laws should not be developed based on one religion.  I feel that women have a right to choose, and that we have a right to love and marry who we choose, no matter the gender.  I tend to be more conservative when it comes to social services and spending, I feel that the money being spent is not necessarily being spent in the right areas.
    I decided to take the Civics Quiz, and got 7 out of 11 right. To be honest, most of my knowledge comes from my husband talking to me about something he has seen on the news, or articles that he reads and sends to me. I have decided that I would like to just have a more general knowledge of the government and how it works, maybe then I will be more involved in voting and political processes going on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment